Xperia Pro or Xperia U?

talltm

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hey everyone.
I'm planning to move to Android after using Symbian for years. So this is really important for me as it is going to be my first android phone.
So far, I've been thinking on buying Xperia Pro. The problem though is that there is also Xperia U with the same price and a dual core CPU and (probably) better GPU. Which one do you guys think is a better buy?

Specs:

Xperia pro: 3.7" screen- 1GHZ- Adreno 205- 512MB Ram- 390MB internal (+ SD card)- 8 MP camera + 720P video (with qwerty keyboard and HDMI)
Xperia U: 3.5" screen- 1GHZ dual-core- Mali 400- 512MB Ram- 4gb internal (no SD card)- 5 MP + 720P

Thanks in advance

talltm

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Indeed a tough choice. I prefer the Pro because of its better camera and HDMI out. But U is going to beat the pro in every other department. I wish someone could've saved me from this hell :D

talltm

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Actually the prices here in Iran are soaring. So now I 'm considering the best options at this price point. I'm lookin to buy Xperia Sola or P. these are almost at the same price range at ~ $280 for Sola and ~ $330 for P. Just to give you an idea of the chaotic market here, the now old and slow Xperia Arc S costs the same as an Xperia S! And a single core low range Samsung Galaxy Ace costs the same as an dual core Xperia U. Pretty unstable market, with Samsung and Apple being madly overpriced.