Xperia Z vs Xperia Z1

rainbueza

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to buy my 1st ever smartphone and I cannot decide between these phones from Sony.

I am very much aware how better the z1 is over the Z but all i want is a great smartphone, I am not that enthusiast on smartphones for me to have a phone with super high specs.

now, I just want to know if the xperia z is still a good phone for me despite of the numerous bad reviews about it or the Z1 is really a hundred times better than Z. i mean if there is a significant improvement for Z1 over the Z. or is it just almost the same, for example the AMD Radeon HD7950 vs HD7970. Because i still want to save money this christmas as i am also planning to buy something for my computer. Here in the Philippines, there is a huge difference when it comes to the price of Z1 and Z.

Thanks. :)

Solution
Z1 sports a quad core 2.2GHz processor with an Adreno 330 GPU, whereas the Z sports a 1.5 quad core processor with an Adreno 320.

Other than that, the Z1 has a 20mp camera against the 13mp on the Z.

Frankly, despite the numbers being considerably different, I believe the Z is powerful enough that the extra horsepower is not needed. Personally, I would not pay a big price premium for the Z over the Z1.

Either way, those are great smartphones, pay no heed the negative hype.

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I own a regular Z, I have no issues with it at all and think its a brilliant phone. I take that back, it eats battery, but beyond that, no issues. I would suggest the Z1 soley on the fact I think it has a larger battery. But then again I would also get it because of the better specs in general, but the battery is definately a strong sell point for me.

Regular Z though - great screen, strong performance, dust and water resistant never hurts and finally its just plain sexy looking ;)

Thats my opinion anyways

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
Z1 sports a quad core 2.2GHz processor with an Adreno 330 GPU, whereas the Z sports a 1.5 quad core processor with an Adreno 320.

Other than that, the Z1 has a 20mp camera against the 13mp on the Z.

Frankly, despite the numbers being considerably different, I believe the Z is powerful enough that the extra horsepower is not needed. Personally, I would not pay a big price premium for the Z over the Z1.

Either way, those are great smartphones, pay no heed the negative hype.

Solution

calculator123

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
I have the Xperia Z, I would have to say that it's great, though it does go throught the battery, but if you leave the screen brightness down it lasts about 2 days for me. The camera has a good resolution but when I compare it to other photos (taken on Samsung G S3) they seem quite faded the photos. It is very good at not getting broken though i have dropped it about 5 times from a 1.5 meters off the ground and there are only a few scratches on it. I would buy the Z if it is cheaper.

rainbueza

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Thanks for the reply everyone. based on your comments, i decided to go for the Z. though z1 is better (of course), i can live with the performance of z.

by the way, do you guys heard of xperia z2 which will be released april next year. im starting to hate sony for releasing new flagship phones every 6months.

calculator123

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Yeah I know I originally was going to buy an xperia V(quite old now!), but then I saw the latest rumours and specs of the Z, and decided id buy that instead only for a few months to pass and a new phone to be released!