Solved! XPS 16

G

Hello,
Iam looking to buy XPS 16 for installing vmware esx and 4 or 5 virtual OS. Will this laptop be worth and will it take the load. Any one pls advise.

Solution
Depending on your configuration, maybe... although in almost all cases I'd advise against it, as ESX is not designed to be run on core i3/5/7 processors, but their Xeon equivalents. The resource sharing ability of the ESX also requires high performance RAM and HDD/SSD arrays, which I dont think any consumer level laptop can handle properly.... so unless you feel like playing around with ESX and the virtual OSs and not use it for serious work, I would recommend NOT using the Dell XPSs to do whatever you're trying to do.

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Depending on your configuration, maybe... although in almost all cases I'd advise against it, as ESX is not designed to be run on core i3/5/7 processors, but their Xeon equivalents. The resource sharing ability of the ESX also requires high performance RAM and HDD/SSD arrays, which I dont think any consumer level laptop can handle properly.... so unless you feel like playing around with ESX and the virtual OSs and not use it for serious work, I would recommend NOT using the Dell XPSs to do whatever you're trying to do.

Solution