XPS M1730 clicking issues

Anraleth

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
First, apologies for any caps. The infuriating state of my HID drivers causes me to be only able to type with caps lock on to get lower case.

the issue is: any program i use with any sort of windows interface acts like i'm trying to spam click the file button of the program toolbar. i think it has to do with my input device drivers because my windows short cut keys dont work either. this makes it exceptionally hard to do -anything- because programs continually highlight the file button.

this has been going on since i reinstalled vista on my laptop
any help is appreciated.

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

Try uninstalling your HID drivers from device manager, reboot your system and see if windows re installs them, You probably had a fluk with the installation. Post back with updates

Anraleth

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Ok so. I've narrowed down the issue. It appears to be related to my left alt key and touchpad. I havent figured out how to turn off the touchpad, but basically if I use it, brush it, or anything, it starts the issue - as does hitting the left alt key. For now i've taken the actual left alt key off to remind myself not to hit it. Still trying to figure out how to disable my touchpad. I'm not seeing hardware for it in the device manager.