Y50 GPU Problem

awsdang

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Hi guys I have a lenovo y50 with i7-4710hq and gtx 860m and windows 10
So I have been facing a strange continuous blue screen of death.
as I searched for the problem I figured out that the GPU temp is "0" "that mean its not working so the fan not working causing overheat and system crash"
But then if I open Nvidia experience the GPU start show its current temp normally. and no blue screen "problem solved". But when I close it "even if it still in the tray" problem is back
and when I open experience i still have some lagging and some drop in frames
What is your suggestions because I'm getting worried? is it a virus or what?
Thank in advance!
P.S. I thought its a drivers issue but then I reinstall still the same, tried some other versions same problem..

Solution
Hi,

Try these steps:
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.
Hi,

Try these steps:
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

Solution