Solved! Yahama RX-V683 with Pioneer SP-FS52 BottleNeck?

hieya

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Would the receiver bottleneck the speakers and not push them to their full potential?

Speakers :
  • 130W Power Input Frequency Range40 Hz to 20 kHz Impedance 6 Ohms
Receiver :
  • 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
Amplifier: Dynamic Power Per Channel125 / 165 / 190 / 235W (8/6/4/2Ohms) for the reciever.

Since the speakers are 130W and @6 ohm then the amp will be at 165 if I put it at max? So I should be good and not have to worry about the amp not giving enough power to the speakers?

Side Question: Would get a receiver that is 8 ohms be okay with the speakers since they are 6ohms?

Sorry if this is a crappy post , I just want the best experience :]
and thank you for any who gives feedback.

Solution
The receiver will power the speakers a bit louder than they can safely play but not by much so you will be fine. Having a bit more power is good. Too little power you can damage the tweeters. Too much power you can damage the woofers.
Power ratings on speakers are very iffy. They don't tell you for how long the speakers can accept 130w before the built up heat damages the voice coil. I doubt that they could do that for long so don't push them.
The important spec is the sensitivity of 87db for 1 watt at 1 meter. That tells you that at if the amp were putting out 130 watts the speakers would be playing at 108db which is really really loud.
Receivers don't have "ohms". The power spec tells you how much the receiver will put out into...
The receiver will power the speakers a bit louder than they can safely play but not by much so you will be fine. Having a bit more power is good. Too little power you can damage the tweeters. Too much power you can damage the woofers.
Power ratings on speakers are very iffy. They don't tell you for how long the speakers can accept 130w before the built up heat damages the voice coil. I doubt that they could do that for long so don't push them.
The important spec is the sensitivity of 87db for 1 watt at 1 meter. That tells you that at if the amp were putting out 130 watts the speakers would be playing at 108db which is really really loud.
Receivers don't have "ohms". The power spec tells you how much the receiver will put out into different impedance speakers and whether it can handle them at all.
None of this has anything to do with how the speakers will sound. They would sound better on a 50 watt integrated amp than most AV receivers. Under most circumstances you would be using less than 16 watts per channel

Solution