Yahoo! Buys Social Browser Startup Rockmelt

Status
Not open for further replies.

faust_67

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I really don't get why companies like Yahoo and others pay miliions (or billions!) of dollars for these pieces of software. It's probably because I don't use social media at all, but still I don't get it. I would understand paying that much money for some revolutionnary AI technology or whatever represents a real breakthrough, but to share pictures or videos and likes and crap like that while being bombarded with useless advertising? Really?

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Ok so Marissa won't stop spending until she uses up all the cash on hand.
Brilliant!
She is already driving away the talent so I guess the plan to ruin the company is staying the course.
Super!

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Yahoo disgusts me. They deleted all my emails a few years ago based on the fact that I "hadn't logged in for 3 consecutive months". Now they've completely deleted all my Yahoo accounts and I'm frantically trying to reactivate them because they were linked to other web services.

Never again will I use or trust Yahoo. If I have an email account, I don't care if I use it every day or abandon it for 10 years. When I come back after 10 years, I expect it to still be there. I expect my emails to still be there. This is why I use gmail now.

PS. Rockmelt is a garbage web browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.