Yahoo! Lays Off 4 Percent of its Workforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
What a great christmas gift!

Children: Daddy wheres the christmas presents???
Dad: oh silly children. You can't see the presents, but Yahoo has gifted us well!

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
yahoo's trimming their x-mas tree to get out of paying the yearly bonus perhaps? i hope it's most of the liberal AP reporters they cut. i'm sick and tired of them trying to guilt me into the communist feelsing i need to support the rest of the world over my own problems.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
They only care about increasing the company and lining their incom$ at workforce expense. But don't worry those of you who just got notified. The economy is NOT in a recession so plenty of work to be found!!!! wow exciting huh! Wonder if there will be a government bail out for the workers of America... hmm think not.

dkant1n

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
And they say Google needs to expand... way to go Yahoo! keep saying what others should do and never think about what you should do

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Come on, couldn't you have held it until AFTER Christmas, Carol?[/citation]
Much agreed. My brother was laid off in early December a couple years back, and it was devastating.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
"...Yahoo! would continue to hire staff globally" = code for We're laying off 600 high paid US staff members and hiring 600 slave labor wage earners in India. Every company that does that deserves to go *its up.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Next, a 56 yr old husband of laid-off wife may come to you, Yahoo!, with a weapon. Have fun.
"Google needs to grow the size of a yahoo!" -- get real, CEO.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I'm sure they will hire people in India to make up for the loss.[/citation]

Exactly! Just give them a couple of months so that everyone forgets about this, and then they will do the outsourcing thing.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I'm sure they will hire people in India to make up for the loss.[/citation]

Yup, they sure will - guess all the tax cut extensions aren't really doing a damned thing to get people working again.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
"Today's personnel changes are part of our ongoing strategy to best position Yahoo for revenue growth and margin expansion and to support our strategy to deliver differentiated products to the marketplace. We’ll continue to hire on a global basis to support our key priorities."

Translation - I need more money so I'm going to screw the working man.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

"...and added that Yahoo! would continue to hire staff globally"

Exactly what is happening.

I wonder what jobs will eventually be left in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.