Yahoo! Users Receiving Emails Meant for Past Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethirdrace

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I'm gonna tell you a secret but don't tell anybody...

If you move and don't change your address, all your mail is gonna go to your old house!

Even more impressing, the paper envelop won't be enough to guard your personal info from prying eyes!

Glad I could enlighten you with this hidden knowledge...

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
They should treat user IDs like retired basketball jerseys. Why exactly do they need to recycle these things?

The fact that they do recycle... makes me want to make sure I don't ever transmit or receive that type of information via a web-hosted email account. Chalk up another goof-up for the cloud.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
This is why I switched to Gmail. Yahoo mail is simply not trustworthy. I had to rush to find all my old Yahoo passwords to quickly get my Yahoo accounts back under my control. I don't use them any more, but there's no way I'm going to allow someone else to hijack them.

The CEO should be fired for allowing this disaster to happen in the first place.

On top of that, Yahoo deletes your mail if it get to a certain age. This is simply unacceptable. Gmail never deletes my mails, no matter how old. So what if I have mails 7 years old. My mail provider is NOT allowed to delete them without my permission. Doing so will force me to jump ship.

lordjakian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
What the heck is up with every article being littered with these "I make 71 dollars at home" comments/scams? Hey Tom, clean up your site!

Status
Not open for further replies.