Solved! Yamaha RX-V583 4K passthrough issues

Nov 15, 2018
Hi all I recently bought a Optoma 4K projector and when hooked up to my Yamaha on a signal from Netflix that is 4K Ultra HD, I get the sound through the system but no video. If I toggle between powering items off and on the signal might come in but eventually gets an error at the bottom that signal lost. Whats weird is if I turn the receiver off, the 4K signal passes through the receiver to the projector and plays but no sound of course! I have checked the receiver to see that it is in Mode 1 for 4K but at a loss. There is a firmware update but it doesn't specify it's going to help with this issue.

Solution
It appears I have found a solution. After finally getting through to someone at Yamaha it was suggest to get a powered repeater to help with the length of cable I was running. I simply had a female to female connector and when I hooked up the powered repeater the signal came through just fine. Hope that helps someone else down the road
When you turn the receiver off it sends video to projector without any processing so if the receiver has any video processing try turning it off.
Try a different HDMI cable.
Try a different HDMI input on the receiver.
Check any video settings in the device you are using to get Netflix.
Try the firmware upgrade even if they don't mention it addressing the problem. I would not be surprised if they slip something in that they don't mention.

Nov 15, 2018
It appears I have found a solution. After finally getting through to someone at Yamaha it was suggest to get a powered repeater to help with the length of cable I was running. I simply had a female to female connector and when I hooked up the powered repeater the signal came through just fine. Hope that helps someone else down the road

Solution