Yamaha rx-v683 low sound and no bass at all

May 25, 2018
Hi guys.Just bought new rx-v683 receiver.I have Jamo s626hsc speaker set and Jamo sub360.I have connected everyting right,but when I play music from tv through optical cable or hdmi the volume is too low that I have to go to -10,-5db to hear proper,but even then there are no low frequences neither from the sub nor from the main speakers.Is it something with the setings or the receiver is defekted.

Solution
Did you go through the set up procedure for the receiver? Use the mic and follow the instructions. You might want to change those settings. They are not always correct.
Check the speaker set up menu. If you set the front speakers to large bass will come out of them and the sub will only work as an LFE channel for video. You can probably set the sub to work all the time if you want it that,
Is the sub turned on? Did you connect the receiver sub out to the LFE input. This bypasses the controls on the back and you use the receiver to make your adjustments.
There is nothing wrong with the volume control being at -10. Some receivers have a gain setting for each input so that you don't get surprised with a blast of sound when you change inputs.
Did you go through the set up procedure for the receiver? Use the mic and follow the instructions. You might want to change those settings. They are not always correct.
Check the speaker set up menu. If you set the front speakers to large bass will come out of them and the sub will only work as an LFE channel for video. You can probably set the sub to work all the time if you want it that,
Is the sub turned on? Did you connect the receiver sub out to the LFE input. This bypasses the controls on the back and you use the receiver to make your adjustments.
There is nothing wrong with the volume control being at -10. Some receivers have a gain setting for each input so that you don't get surprised with a blast of sound when you change inputs.

Solution