YEE Dual-Mode Car Navigates Roads and the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahdogg

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I can draw a picture of a flying car too. Instead of the wheels turning into propellers the glove compartment becomes a jet engine. The cupholder doubles as a parachute in the event of an emergency. And to make it green it runs off of sunlight and fart gas.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
These guys need to talk to paul moller... their proportions all all wrong. Unless that wheel/fan thing is a turbo fan jet engine it will not provide enough thrust to get it off the ground unless its only going to fly when its unmanned and is has a very very tiny jet engine in it weighing less than 10lbs.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Smart people show you how to make it fly.

Geniuses show you how make it LAND.

Great job putting the wheels IN the wings so you can't use both at the same time. I guess you could just transition the wings on your descent and become a flying brick.

You might just need nahdogg's "cupholder doubles as a parachute" if you fly in this thing.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Rico likes to use the word "doubles" as in "...also doubles as..." which becomes very overused.

This car will not fly. It's just an idea after watching a sci-fi movie.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
That's pretty interesting. Obviously nothing even remotely similar will ever be made, because it's a concept and that's what happens. Cool nonetheless.

jayb

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I Love this Drawing!can the drawing fly too?LOL[/citation]

Of course it can...print it out then fold the paper into a paper airplane and throw.

G

Why waste so much time on such an obviously flawed idea? It will never take off as the only wheels it has become wings and propellers. The propellers are lower than the cabin so it will just lean nose down when converted. It's also pretty apparent from the image of it speeding along the road that if it came across any type of uneven surface it would smash to pieces. All in all it's completely useless. I know it's a concept but surely at least a bit of thought should have gone into whether it was even remotely feasible to actually function properly once the technology was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.