Yes! The Segway Modded to Go Twice as Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Albyint[/nom]Now we can go off cliffs at 40km/h!!!What......... too soon?[/citation]

Darnit, you beat me to it :).

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
A Segway that's fast actually makes it look cool instead of...well, the opposite of cool. I'm still not sure what it's for since it isn't really allowed on roads, but at least it's a little faster than me instead of a little slower.

It seems like marketing a useless tool for laziness that costs half as much as a car would be tough, but I guess that's why Segway was a financial flop.

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Well going 240km/h (in which speed I can still take a quick peek) on my hayabusa doesn't make me pee in my pants. I have 17->18 spikes at front so it really shows what it goes.

Segway is way too slow - I'd need to have bigger battery, enhance engine and 2 gears to select street speed and highway speed and I'd use a real motorcycle helmet plus full leather suit, cloves, boots then maybe I'd also use a diper - how on earth do you stop it from highway speeds?

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
It may be twice as fast, but it clearly is more than twice as dangerous. Judging by the added ride height and the fact that the motor is underpowered when connected to those huge wagon wheels, I'd say it's a good recipe for disaster.

As for the coolness of it.. well... erm... NO!

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
This seems almost useless (although it still looks awesome). It isn't fast or safe enough for real road use, and it is way too fast for pedestrian pathways. It seems like the only locations you can use it in are deserted stretches of road or other such areas (like the settings you see in the video).

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
need neon light strips at the bottom....

and bunches of stickers from part manufactures...

THOSE stickers alone should add AT LEAST 10 more km/h!!!!!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Albyint[/nom]Now we can go off cliffs at 40km/h!!!What......... too soon?[/citation]

Uh, not really. I was going to type:

"Drive off a cliff at twice the speed!".

Next up, make the wheels even BIGGER.

Status
Not open for further replies.