Yesterday's Mystery Missile Was Probably a Plane

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Funny, if it's a plane than it must be on fire! Cuz I have never seen a plane with a flame after it unless it was on fire?

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Well, nex time they see a contrail like that on the first picture, better to go investigate where the contrail begins. If it's an airport, or airfield, then I'll believe it.

If it's a private or government facility, then the BS will be 100% confirmed. Next task they'll have on their hands is how to make a missile that covers up it's own contrail LOLOL.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
It bet it was those damn fraggles, no ones seen them since the late 80's. TBH they allways looked suspicious mining in that cave forcing little blind slave guys in yellow plastic hats to do the dirty work! LOL

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Amazes me how Americans think they are constantly under attack. I guess you've had it drummed into you since WWII that its the case, but honestly we knew as soon as we saw the contrail that it was a plane!

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Hupiscratch[/nom]Wait! Someone launched a Skynet satellite? RUN TO THE MOUNTAINS![/citation]

I'm already in the mountains! No room, man, no room left! Back, I say! You take your contrail zombie craziness and you get!

I have a family to protect, and I need to gather food! My God and all his soldiers; this is the end of it all...

Last Journal Entry, Nov 11, 2010: Lost all hope, no food left, ate babies to live this long...contrails are coming, drums in the dark...no hope, Obama failed us...the dark!

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Look, I know nothing about those things but its clearly a private test for space travel! now if we can only get the Vulcan to notice...

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Vampyrbyte[/nom]Amazes me how Americans think they are constantly under attack. I guess you've had it drummed into you since WWII that its the case, but honestly we knew as soon as we saw the contrail that it was a plane![/citation]

When was the last time you had a terrorist plot executed on you killing 2000+ of your countrymen? Yeah...thought so.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It is not a plane.

There was a CBS video that I can't find anymore... when zoomed in, you can clearly see that there is a large flashing pulse and only 1 single exit point for the contrail.

This is the indicator of a scramjet engine.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Also, this comes right after China showed off how it can maneuver satellites.

What better way to say "right back at you" then to launch a scramjet powered missile from a sub that can break orbit and kill a satellite.

halfassed

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
It's a freaking plane. I see contrails and contrails like this all the time. The news is calling it a missile, they got one old crackpot to say what it could be or whatever, and everyone thinks the news knows what they're talking about. It is a PLANE CONTRAIL. It's. A. Plane. The flashes are just reflections of sunlight that you see on all planes but more so in the evening because the sun has line of sight on the plane but not the ground. The 'angle of the ascent' It's 30,000+ feet up and it's miles away. These things look crazy during dusk - like how the sun gets distorted late in the day. Every last person thinking (wanting) this to be a missile is exhibiting drama-seeking behavior. Whhaaaat the hell! "Clearly it's not a plane contrail" ? Give me a break. I've seen plane contrails just like this one. The plane is coming toward the viewers so it's apparent velocity is higher, the age of the contrail gets older and wider (thinner) as it approaches the horizon. Rocket plumes don't feather like that. Wake up people.

halfassed

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
There are some seriously smart people sitting in government offices scratching their heads and saying "people need jobs, that way they won't have time to drum up conspiracy rocket launch theories based on routine phenomena" ... That news outlet has seriously made a fool of themselves. Everyone who said "clearly it's a missile" .. How many missile launches have and of you even seen? And I'm sure one of you flamers is going to retort with "i'm such-and-such missile expert, i know what I'm talking about" and you may... But you're wrong as hell about this 'launch' so it would be best to go into research mode before popping off at the mouth.

Check the overflow at contrailscience. That's uninicus's post that debunks all missile theories and makes missile-heads look like idiots.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
@hasfassed

"How many missile launches have and of you even seen?"

As I said in my post, if you had actually read it, as opposed to just showing your ignorance, I am from FLORIDA, and have seen literally dozens of launches. Now I get that you are mentally slow so let me break it down for you. We have a SPACE LAUNCH center in FLORIDA. Its called Kennedy Space Center. It is operated by NASA. It is from this LAUNCH facility that MISSILES are sent into OUTER SPACE. So yeah I've seen plenty of MISSILE launches and they look just like that.

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
i dont understand how its possible that it could be a plane...they are telling us that a single engine afterburning jet (read: military) launched from the surface of the pacific ocean 35 miles from the second largest city in the country and they have NO record of it on any AWACS or radars? hell LAX's radar operators had to know when the damn thing launched.

evidence: 1. the contrail points almost vertically into the sky (meaning no aircraft that does not produce far beyond its own weight in thrust can climb that far that fast vertically. it had to be a military jet)

2. secondly, what non military jet launches from the surface of the ocean? correct me if i'm wrong, but there's a very good reason why seaplanes are prop-only.

3 the military denies all knowledge. that means they're lying. they KNOW STUFF its their job. since we established that this has to be military (from some other country at least) there's no way they know nothing. either it was a missile or they are quite conscious of the fact that there was an aircraft carrier at those exact coordinates at the time of launch (which is still incredibly unlikely)

Status
Not open for further replies.