Yikes: The Galaxy Tab is Going to be Expensive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Hmm, this might possibly be the most blatant, and semi-smart, pro-Apple advertising I have seen peddled here in some time... And most probably complete BS. Shame on you Jane. We expect much better.

When exactly did THG sell out to Apple?

G

Samsung at any price is too high! They still haven't fixed the GPS issues with regular Galaxy S phone, what will be different with this. Maybe Samsung should fix what is out and stop moving forward at the expense of it's current screwed over customers.....

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
That price? Laughable. Signing a contract? No thanks.

Price this around the iPad (or cheaper preferably because, you know, Apple overprices everything right? Right?) and I'm a buyer.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
we can only hope to see... I think that it would be chaper seeing as samsung does not have to contract out for a chunk of its parts, unlike apple who has to licence out all its hardware, or close to it.

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Well I heard from a very reliable source that they were free.
/sarcasm.
I think this price is absurd and surely samsung isn't that dumb

johmm

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
7" it better be half the price of the ipad,
7" just won't do, if can go by the remarks the most here have been making on the ipad. Then they won't a full laptoppie inside that thing it has do everything en play everything, but on a 7" screen?

what i like to see is even a bit bigger then the ipad, make it plain A4 szte with the borders, it fits in every bag, the keybord wil be just nip bigger, battery can grow with the size.

7" is a no go for me, but what do you guys an girls think of it?

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
It's my understanding that the Tab can make phone calls over 3G (using a hands free device of course). If this is true then these prices are perfectly reasonable. Besides, on the data side there's nothing the iPad can do better than the Tab. Android also proves that you don't need Apple's tight control to have a high quality app. It's been proven time and time again that Android apps are far less buggy than apps for the iPhone or iPad.

johmm

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
techguy...
can you explain how you gonna use it as a phone.
so you go to the pub with friends and you have a purse with the tab in with you?
you go see a football game en the purse is still with you?
if you gonna say no than i have my regural phone with me, i don't see why it easy that you can use it as a phone.

if you can give a other solution/use of the phone cabelity i like to hear about it.
[/citation]

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
[citation][nom]g-thor[/nom]At that price, this product will die. It isn't as portable as a smartphone, it isn't as functional as a netbook or notebook and can't offer what they do.[/citation]
This ^

I didn't get an iPad cause I thought it was just one more way to burn money, I have a desktop, I have a laptop and I have a smart phone, each of those have their purpose and they do it well, these things attempt to do what those 3 devices do and fails. This new tablet will not be anything revolutionary, and is seriously not gonna be worth a grand. I mean, I think the iPad is pricey, this thing feels like they want you to know you're being ripped off.

G

It won't be 890 dollars if it's 699 euros.
European retailers always just convert american prices 1/1 to euros and get away with it.

If you pay 200 dollars for a phone we pay 200 euros for it...

If it ends up costing 890 dollars then we'll end up paying 890 euros.
Oh wait then you'll pay over 1000 dollars! oh wait then we'll pay over 1000 euros ! oh wait then... see where I'm going with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.