Yotube.com (Not youtube.com) Virus

benwinwood6

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
I accidentally misspelled you tube and was directed to a strange page. I checked on a safe computer and this url is different every time and seems to link to brokers, free item offers and other crap.

How possible is it that i have been infected?

Mod Edit for Language :no:

Solution

shanetemple14

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

Not very to be honest. You already know its dodgy so I trust that you have not clicked on anything on the page.

If you have or if you are just worried you can simply give your PC a scan with Malwarebytes or your anti virus software on your PC (providing you have one installed).

benwinwood6

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017

Yeah, I didn't click on anything and have scanned with malware bytes and defender and its all fine. Still I'm worried that there is something deeper.

I don't get why these domains are not purchased by Youtube, it looks to be a common typo.

shanetemple14

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

If Malwarebytes did not find anything then I'd feel safe personally and I'm someone who goes on some pretty sketchy sites daily. The ONLY program that I have tried that I would trust more than malwarebytes would be Bitdefender. I use the free version its absolutely amazing at keeping my PC secure online. I have used it near enough 2 years and never had to remove a virus, it automatically blocks everything secretly.

Youtube will not purchase that domain because its unnecessary money to spend, most Youtube audience these days would consume content on their mobile phones app, or go to the favourite icon on their browser, failing that even just typing "youtube" without the ".com" brings it up so its pointless youtube buying this domain.

Solution