You Don't Have to Buy Both PS3 Move Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Bah, of course it's not comfortable holding a wand on one hand and and a controller on another. This is getting to pricey!!

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]This is getting to pricey!![/citation]Have you seen all the Wii stuff? The PS3 is way cheaper.

DaFees

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
This is news I already knew, but I have a different question that I would like an answer to. I have seen a lot of videos for the Playstation Move and their Wii Sports type game. In the videos when they show the human doing the archery game, they show it being done with two of the Move Controllers. Not a Move and Navigation, but TWO Move controllers.

Does this mean then for this game that we need TWO Move controllers for the fullest experience? If that is the case what about playing with four players in a game like this? Would it just be a pass the controller around wii sports type of deal or what? I don't want to buy the Move bundle, get home and find out that I needed a second Move controller to maximize my enjoyment.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
That's an expensive controller... I liked the over the Xbox just because of the cheaper controllers (I got them for $60, and cae with a rechargeable battery and a decent game, compared to $60 for a Xbox controller and a extra $20 for the rechargeable battery).

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]DaFees[/nom]This is news I already knew, but I have a different question that I would like an answer to. I have seen a lot of videos for the Playstation Move and their Wii Sports type game. In the videos when they show the human doing the archery game, they show it being done with two of the Move Controllers. Not a Move and Navigation, but TWO Move controllers.Does this mean then for this game that we need TWO Move controllers for the fullest experience? If that is the case what about playing with four players in a game like this? Would it just be a pass the controller around wii sports type of deal or what? I don't want to buy the Move bundle, get home and find out that I needed a second Move controller to maximize my enjoyment.[/citation]

I read another article that also mentioned that some games require TWO Move controllers, not just a Move and Navigation controller. They didn't list titles, but its definately a rumor going around. Hopefully someone has more concrete details out there.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Just hold tight, I am sure there will be deals where you get a free or subsidized paid for motion controller with a game.
I was thinking of waiting (I have a PS3) but I think I will still get the Black Wii and also buy the Wii Fit for the exercise, yes I am older and need it you young whipper snappers out there, hehe.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
This isn't at all off from Nintendo's pricing, and being the first to use this style of control, they set the "value" of it.

WiiMote and Wii Motion Plus will run about 50$
Nunchuk will run you an extra 20$
So you're still running about 70 dollars.
If I remember right, Kinect supports at least 2 people, so you're paying about 75 per person for that as well.
Motion controls have a pretty hefty admission price, no matter which console.

What's really concerning with Move is why so many shots have people using 2 of the main controller. That's clearly two lightbulbs in the "archery" shot, not a navi controller.
If 2 controllers are going to be needed per person for some games, they'd better be up front about it.
(Could you imagine having to buy 8?)

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'll buy one Kinect and hold 2 of my gf's dildos while she can hold on to a candle and a can of whip. Same effect. Far less expansive for multiplayer action.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]DaFees[/nom]This is news I already knew, but I have a different question that I would like an answer to. I have seen a lot of videos for the Playstation Move and their Wii Sports type game. In the videos when they show the human doing the archery game, they show it being done with two of the Move Controllers. Not a Move and Navigation, but TWO Move controllers.Does this mean then for this game that we need TWO Move controllers for the fullest experience? If that is the case what about playing with four players in a game like this? Would it just be a pass the controller around wii sports type of deal or what? I don't want to buy the Move bundle, get home and find out that I needed a second Move controller to maximize my enjoyment.[/citation]
I don't know the answer, but it makes perfect sense that you would need 2 move controllers for something like archery. It may be that it is using 2 points (one on each Move) to determine the "line of sight" that you are aiming (2 points determine a line). It is also possible that the game is taking into consideration how far back you are pulling your bow, by calculating the distance between the 2 Moves.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
[citation][nom]proxy711[/nom]Motion control COOOL!!!15mins later.Alright cool factor gone can i use my controller again now?[/citation]

totally agree, just like the Wii, now I end up playing my MH3 with the classic controller ~ and the worst part is the classic need to stick with the nuc chuck~ that's fuxking annoying

anyway dont think PS3 "move" will success ~ Sony you living under Wii shadow ~ good luck Sony
and please focus on your PSP2 ~ LOL

MajorUhlar

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
The more I see of the Microsoft and Sony motion solutions the more things seem just odd in Sony land. Sony indicates that their solution is way better then Microsoft but the hardware clearly indicates their offering is competing with the Wii. How come they didn't compare to the Nintendo platform at E3? Instead they kept up with the Microsoft comparisons. Great, this is better then Microsoft Kinect, I get how that is likely true for the hard core crowd. However the Kinect seems to be targeting a different segment; what I would call the super casual audience who don't even get the buttons on a WiiMote and Nunchuck. To me, the more compelling hardware hitting the market is Kinect primarily because it really is going after something new. Time, and sales, will tell everyone who the winners are. I am also still curious how many PS3s are just blu-ray players since it was cheaper then a blu-ray player at launch. The attachment rate seems to indicate quite a high number. That's bad new because this would further reduce Move hardware sales and as a result reduce the number of potential titles we see for PS3.

G

This is why I like Natal...no controllers. If they pull that off well then Xbox will have the upper hand on PS3.

G

To get the full on experience Sony want you to have, it's gonna cost a bomb. 3D TV, glasses for all the family, the Move bundle, an extra main controller and a navigation controller if you don't want a hand cramp from holding a Dual Shock at awkward angles.
Ignore the 3D gimmick, simply getting Move for a single player is going to cost $180. $280-$310 to cater for a second person if you have games that require two wands or another navigation controller. Ouch!
I see Move as being more versatile, but Kinect is up and running for two people for $150 (rumoured), with a lot less hassle in terms of recharging 6 separate peripherals. I think MS have perfectly hit the target they're aiming for - that much vaunted casual market.

abelpc

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Have no plans of getting Move Controllers. I sold my Wii a long time ago because no-one wanted to use the motion controllers at my house.. Why does would it be different now? Might get Kinect but mainly for my family to use with the interface.. Watching Netflicks and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.