You'll Need to Learn Chinese to Read the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
The graphs don`t show something .. that only chinese ppl use it , on the other hand everything else uses english :)

robertking82881

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
i take it there not enofe Chinese speaking English . maybe there changing to much to LEARN ENGLISH THERE! LEARN ENGLISH . or use a GOOGLE TRANSLATOR OR JUST USE CHROME PROBLEM FIXD . Chinese can kiss my ass they not gonna force people in to learning Chinese they need to learn english . i dont understand Chinese has more people they should have more information on web then we do.

G

1 billion Chinese, 5 billion other people. English is the dominant world trade language and a lot easier to learn than a 2000 symbol alphabet.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]robertking82881[/nom]i take it there not enofe Chinese speaking English . maybe there changing to much to LEARN ENGLISH THERE! LEARN ENGLISH . or use a GOOGLE TRANSLATOR OR JUST USE CHROME PROBLEM FIXD . Chinese can kiss my ass they not gonna force people in to learning Chinese they need to learn english . i dont understand Chinese has more people they should have more information on web then we do.[/citation]

Could you learn english too? lol. The US is one of the countries with this least amount of bilingual people. Sadly that includes me too.

You'll be pleased to know that people in asian program in English, and website coding is still in english.

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
"not enofe Chinese speaking English" - My guess is that there are not enough Americans speaking English either.

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
There are 1.4 billion Chinese, 1 billion of them can't afford the internet and I find it hard to believe that there is 400 million in china using it.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
English speaking users - 536m @ 42% penetration 1.276b total
Chinese speaking users - 444m @ 32.6% penetration 1.361b total

Until penetration in China is just below that of english countries there won't be more chinese users. Additionaly I think 50% of the new chinese users are actually gold farmers for WOW, so they don't count.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Even chinese people prefer english for technical things once they learn it. It's pretty hard to write a paper about fiber optic data transmission theory in chinese and even harder to type it on a computer...and worst of all, you limit yourself to a smaller audience if you do.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]robertking82881[/nom]i take it there not enofe Chinese speaking English . maybe there changing to much to LEARN ENGLISH THERE! LEARN ENGLISH . or use a GOOGLE TRANSLATOR OR JUST USE CHROME PROBLEM FIXD . Chinese can kiss my ass they not gonna force people in to learning Chinese they need to learn english . i dont understand Chinese has more people they should have more information on web then we do.[/citation]

You don't speak English either.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ForYourEyesOnly[/nom]1 billion Chinese, 5 billion other people. English is the dominant world trade language and a lot easier to learn than a 2000 symbol alphabet.[/citation]
Agreed, this will never happen lol

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bhaberle[/nom]Could you learn english too? lol. The US is one of the countries with this least amount of bilingual people. Sadly that includes me too. You'll be pleased to know that people in asian program in English, and website coding is still in english.[/citation]

If someone is born with the most universal of all universal languages(english), there's not much incentive to learn another language. If, for instance, you were born with navajo, flemish, or slovakian, you would feel a stronger urge to learn another language.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]If someone is born with the most universal of all universal languages(english), there's not much incentive to learn another language. If, for instance, you were born with navajo, flemish, or slovakian, you would feel a stronger urge to learn another language.[/citation]

I totally agree that there is not nearly the same incentive. But when someone like robertking82881 says comments like that, I believe my response is legitimate. Especially when other people have a larger population than us, and we get so many products from other countries.

Plus it is good for everyone to know another language since it allows for different ways of thinking and cultural understanding. Although I am not one to talk since I am not fully bilingual in any of the 3 languages I studied. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.