Your Connection is not private on Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2017
So I face an error message from Chrome when trying to visit some websites:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from [scam looking link removed] (for example, passwords, messages, bank information or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Solution
Verify that the time/date on your computer is correct. If so, then the website operator would have to correct their SSL cert.

The message you showed is that SSL can not be established because the date returned on the security certificate is invalid. It could be expired.

kanewolf

Judicious
Verify that the time/date on your computer is correct. If so, then the website operator would have to correct their SSL cert.

The message you showed is that SSL can not be established because the date returned on the security certificate is invalid. It could be expired.

Solution

LVLpost

Prominent
May 17, 2017
1. Make sure your Date and Time zone is set properly if your computer is displaying the wrong time.
2. If you have installed and are using antivirus software that provides “HTTPS scanning” or “HTTPS protection”, you will see this error. I would recommend you disable your firewall or antivirus software.
3. If the problem still persists, you can try to disable SSL Error warnings. To do that, go to this tutorial:
https://windows10freeapps.com/fix-your-connection-is-not-private-error-google-chrome/

Jul 11, 2018
After trying the above, reset your modem. You may have to call the provider to make sure your device is authorized. They can send a reset signal and check if your device is "online".
My provider accidentally deleted my cable modem from the account causing the "not private" message due to the tool they use to route the browser. Hope that works for you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.