Your Pc/Device needs to be Repaired

Eric_Cheong

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
Today, I slammed my laptop out of anger. Soon it rebooted and showed a blue screen with the following message:
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
Error code: 0xc0000185

Is there a way to fix this?

Most likely when you slammed it the hard drive was either knocked loose, its connections was knocked loose, or the hard drive was damaged. The only way to know for sure is to open it up and take a look.

NOTE: If your device is still under warranty, then you would want to contact the manufacturer before you open up the device, as that can void the warranty.

If it isn't still under warranty, then open it up and check the hard drives connections. Make sure nothing is loose. Close it all back up and restart it.

Should this not fix the problem, you have probably then damaged the hard drive.

Eric_Cheong

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016

Thanks, let's say I damaged the hard drive, is there a way to fix/replace it? I use a Acer Aspire ES1-571-31XM

Eric_Cheong

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016

My model is a ES1-571-31XM, the approximate area I slammed was in the bottom left where it says L. I am able to take out the hard drive. How do I find errors of connections?

Well if it is under warranty, you should still talk to the manufacturer. It may well be cheaper or of no cost to get it done that way.

If not, then yes, you can do the work yourself, but to keep what is on your drive the info would have to be flashed from the old drive over to the new one.

The warranty is gone. If it's a Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital or Seagate drive the warranty is gone. Those drives have shock and impact measurement devices installed, so generally they will be able to tell it was either hit or dropped.

If this will become a common thing I would recommend an SSD.