"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"

Mas Noslohcin

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015
"Your PC ran into a problem problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, then we'll restart it for you."

These are the words that appear on my windows 8.1 equipped Toshiba satellite m50 laptop. Every time I turn it on or it restarts itself it enters the desktop begins to load up everything and then it appears. Underneath it the error is identified as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Nothing changes, it just does that over and over again. I do not have any external USB devices attached and I was not provided with a repair CD ROM or anything of that nature when I bought the laptop new last year. Also I can't really access the control panel or anything because there is very little time before it crashes. Could someone please tell me what I can do about it? Thank you in advance.

sivashanth2001

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
The same thing happened to my brother's laptop just under a year ago. After some research, I found out that it was caused by driver issues with the integrated Realtek Wi-Fi chipset.
Firstly, I went to Device Manager, found the wifi chipset and uninstalled it (the software and driver). Then I restarted the laptop, only to find the same error message.

SOLUTION:
I reinstalled the copy of Windows 8.1 that was on it (using an ISO file on a flash drive), and the error message never came up again.

Hope this helped :)

sivashanth2001

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
The same thing happened to my brother's laptop just under a year ago. After some research, I found out that it was caused by driver issues with the integrated Realtek Wi-Fi chipset.
Firstly, I went to Device Manager, found the wifi chipset and uninstalled it (the software and driver). Then I restarted the laptop, only to find the same error message.

SOLUTION:
I reinstalled the copy of Windows 8.1 that was on it (using an ISO file on a flash drive), and the error message never came up again.

Hope this helped :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JBH81194 Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 10
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1