Your Phone May Become Smarter Than You Soon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
lol. no it wont. they dont have fully aware artifical personalitys so all they are is a collection of data... you can have all the data in the world available at your fingertips but if you have no context its useless. so NO! mate phones dont think so they cant be smarter...

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Given many stupid things people do these days (like smashing newly bought PS4s as a recent example), I wonder if some phones are already smarter than their owners.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
*Looks at Youtube comments*

Google Now can at least hold a coherent conversation without grammatical errors. I say the future is now.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Lame old marketing line. Back in the real world, the first thing a power-user wanting to maximize productivity does is to disable almost anything labled "smart" or "automatic". In my experience with Windows & MS-Office, "smart" usually means doing something unhelpful that you'll probably swear & curse at.
But like the commentors said, this probably doesn't apply to customers dumb enough to buy 500$ cell-phone to have the luxery of squinting down at a tiny internet screen instead of using a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.