Youtube app issue on Samsung smart TV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordWaffles

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
Hello there,

Ever since a recent update to my TVs YouTube app, the app has a cut off screen. It only happens with this app and nothing else. The screen is black in the lower right side of the screen. It's like two black rectangles one starting from the top of the right side of the screen, and the other from the bottom left side, and meeting in the bottom right corner. Picture is cut off and is very annoying.

Samsung Smart TV
Serial #: Z3RS3CCB400790D
Model Code: UN55D6420UFXZC
Version: HQ02

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

chefthad

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
when i bought my samsung smart tv all was well watching youtube not until samsung sent an update of its software then that when my youtube app started ERROR Playback... and since its in the recommended app i tried to delete it then reinstall it but till now im unsuccesfull to do so.... so i did the next best thing its not a solution though to use the youtube app but a roundabout to be able to watch youtube on the big screen.... look for TV CAST in the samsung app then download the same in your device... Im using my ipad ( Itunes) ( havent checked if its also available in android though)... from there you can cast or mirror from the TVCAST app to your samsung smart tv.. anyway.. i kinda enjoy watching anything from the TVCAST APP... youtube and other sites that youtube like to to my samsung tv. hope this lessen your frustration as i had mine but then this is the best thing till samsung could fix or whatever to resolve the issue... check it out you might find other ways to used the TVCAST app...:bounce:

Antennaman

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

Thanks for the info. I will see if that app is available on my TV and see if I can make it work. Much appreciated.
Antenna Man.

itsmeeeeeeee

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

Thank you. This solved my problem....

Helton_1

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015

It works for me...thanks!

iamwogdalkin

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Did not change anything as far as settings go, but used auto attainment of IP address option on a samsung 40 in. "SMART" led, and so far so good. thanks for the info....., also updated the tv software prior to the IP solution. thanks again, Mo

Josh_41

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
I've spoken to a Samsung guy and I gave him the model of my T.V. He said it was because my T.V was an older version and the app developers have updated the app for the new models. So I'm complaining to the app developers to get YouTube back on and running for the older models.

John_206

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Youtube app is no longer working on older versions of Samsung's smart tv.s I had the same issue and spoke with their support and was told they are no longer supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.