YouTube Celebrates the VCR with VHS Mode for Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I don't know about you, but I really never had any of those issues with the screen randomly tearing and fuzzing with my VHS tapes. Still, a cool feature to add for fun.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I remember my parents spending $800 on a one of the first VCR with stereo sound and had super fast rewind. Too bad our TV only had one speaker. I remember the click-click-click when we changed the channel. No remote on it.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I never really had any of those problems with my old vcr. as a kid I never really noticed the transition between vcr and dvd either on my old crt in terms of video quality. mustve been a good vcr if people have more memories of crap tearing quality than clear image.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Analog TV and giant VHS tapes and distorted pictures from both... people in the digital 500 channel DVR / DVD / Netflix era will never know about all this stuff... kinda sad really. There is something special about finally getting a good picture after fighting with an antenna for 10 minutes, and then recording something which you may not be able to see again otherwise for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.