Jun 15, 2012
Hey all! First time poster here, hopefully you can help me, but I'm not really expecting much, I was just curious if anyone else was having this problem.

I'm having an extremely annoying problem with flash player on YouTube. When watching videos and interacting with the webpage, the flash player will distort and random parts of it will turn white. Sometimes, the controls will move to the wrong part of the player, and if I scroll the webpage, the whole flash player will look like it is peeling apart, like it is "tearing." The only way to fix it is to scroll all the way down until the video isn't visible, and then scroll back up, at which time the player will look normal again. As you can imagine, this becomes extremely annoying! I am using Firefox 13.1 and the latest version of flash. I used to always have this problem back when I used Google Chrome but I never experienced it with Firefox until I updated to the current version of Flash today. (Forgot the number).

I don't really want to downgrade to the previous version. The only reason I upgraded is because Firefox said they found an security issue with my old version of Flash. I am OCD when it comes to browser extensions and the only one I have running is Flash, so it can't be interference from another extension causing the problem. I'm including links to some screenshots I've taken in case my description of the problem is hard to understand.

Capture3.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Capture5.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?

oldunclesilas

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
I am finding exactly the same thing since the flash update. Are you on win7 like myself? Also generally I have found flash performing much more poorly.

Jun 15, 2012

Yeah, I'm on Windows 7. Soooo annoying.

Jun 15, 2012

I have upgraded to Firefox 13.1, and tried the flash uninstall / re-install. No luck.

I just give up with Firefox. It's too slow and clunky. They ruined a good browser IMO. I've been using Chrome and it's just so much faster and smoother.

RyQril

Honorable
May 11, 2012

+1 RIP FF, stopped using it since the "every two weeks" updates.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished

Did you just use the program's uninstaller? If so, that doesn't do a complete uninstall which is why adobe makes the complete uninstaller that I linked to. The complete uninstaller seems better at cleaning up a corrupt install.

Jun 15, 2012

Tried it but it didn't work. Actually, it made things worse. Now after re-installing flash, the plugin no longer shows up in the Firefox plugin list, even though it runs!!