YouTube won't sign me in

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankBrooks

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
I try to sign in to YouTube from my laptop. It seems I forgot my password. I ask for a verification code with the same email address as my YouTube sign-in. I receive the verification code and I enter it. The message I get is the following: "Couldn't sign you in

Thanks for verifying your email.

Google couldn't verify that xxxxxx@yahoo.ca belongs to you."
I tried a couple of times with the same result from Chrome and Firefox as well. I don't know what to try now.

FrankBrooks

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

I don't have that laptop anymore but I used to be able to log in from my present laptop. It's new that it doesn't work.

FrankBrooks

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

For YouTube I have a Yahoo email address. When choose "Other email address" from the Google sign-in menu, at the end I get the error msg I quoted in my first post.

FrankBrooks

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

I set up this YouTube account with my Yahoo mail address a long time ago. At that time I had no Google accts. In the meanwhile I set up a couple of Google accts, too. I'm perfectly able to sign in to YouTube with my Google accts. The problem is that my play lists are in the acct with the Yahoo mail address. When I want to log in with that with an apparently wrong password, it takes me to the Google verification menu with my Google accts and the option for "Other account". I choose the "Other account" and this is when I get the error msg I quoted in my first post. (By the way, thanks for taking this much time with my otherwise trivial problem. I'd really like to recover my music lists...)

What puzzles me is that Google sends a code to my Yahoo acct, I enter it and then it comes back with the error msg that based on the code they sent they couldn't verify that the Yahoo address belongs to me.

FrankBrooks

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

Tried.... same story. After entering the verification code that Google sent to the mail address I want to verify, it says it can't verify that the acct belongs to me. Verification short-circuited.

Status
Not open for further replies.