Zenith DVT412 connection to newer tv

rbigcal

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I have a Zenith model DVT412 home theater system that came in a rv and cannot figure out how to get sound from the tv to go through the surround sound speakers. Not even sure that its capable of doing it. The tv is a vizio hd . The surround system is connected with rca cables to Y, Pb and Pr. There is also a rca jack on the back of the surround receiver that is marked monitor out and according to the manual it is supposed to connect to video input on back of tv. There is no video input on tv, it has a tv audio out that is a 3.5mm.The only other jacks on tv are Left and Right (red and white) rca jacks.

Solution
The only input on the Zenith is analog stereo audio. Without knowing the make and model of the TV I can't give you an exact answer.
If the TV does have a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack then that should connect to the aux input on the Zenith.
Most TVs have RCA analog audio inputs but not outputs.
Most TVs have optical audio output. You would need an optical to analog converter to connect that to the Zenith.
If the TV has component video inputs then it may be a shared composite input. Check the TV manual on how to configure it for composite and what RCA jack to connect the yellow video out of the Zenith to.
The only input on the Zenith is analog stereo audio. Without knowing the make and model of the TV I can't give you an exact answer.
If the TV does have a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack then that should connect to the aux input on the Zenith.
Most TVs have RCA analog audio inputs but not outputs.
Most TVs have optical audio output. You would need an optical to analog converter to connect that to the Zenith.
If the TV has component video inputs then it may be a shared composite input. Check the TV manual on how to configure it for composite and what RCA jack to connect the yellow video out of the Zenith to.

Solution