Zoolz Cloud Backup Review: Pretty But Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2018
Currently, at least two special, life-time offers are available. Do they change the value proposition?

Through xda-developers, $49.95 buys 1TB of "instant access storage and 1TB of "cold" storage.

From genie9, I received an e-mail offering, for $29.99, 500GB of "vault" storage and 500GB of "cold" storage.

Oct 14, 2018
I used zoolz two week ago, i'm trying to upload a file 35GB in size for testing. It's two weeks since the first time upload, the progress was up to 50-60% sumtime, and breaking to 30-35% in 10th day. Now is about 45% during two weeks for upload. Do not ask me that network speed is OK or not. When I used Google for upload, 30G is spending about ~ < 1 hour only.

And remember that mediafire/mega or some other had better speed more than ten time. It's completely free.

Nov 28, 2018
something weird if you delete files from their website. I have tried to upload a folder again after deleting it from Zoolz web application; the folder won't upload and the application states that all files are already backed up..

mikeminh

Commendable
Dec 18, 2018
I got a 1 TB instant + 1 TB cold storage licence, (very cheap lifetime lic via a deals website). The Zoolz client on a Mac can at present (v 2.2.0.50) not be used to upload files to Instant Storage, only to Cold Storage. For instant storage you need to use a web browser, and they only support Google Chrome and there you have an upload limit of 1,000 files. On balance I think that Zoolz is more geared to corporate usage with their BigMind product. Not sure the needs of home users are well addressed with what is called Zoolz Cloud Storage.

Dec 22, 2018
Nothing to say actualy it does a good job i can download my stuff at 250-300 mb/s, and can store 1to + 1to of backup lifetime for only 40$ or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.