ZTE Axon dropped in a water

Mar 24, 2018
Hi, my zte axon recently dropped in a water.
I didnt manage to turn it off because after few seconds the phone restarted and then screen got black. I think then it could be turned on because I received notification on my smartband. I started to teardown my phone, I did in after 1.5 hour trying of putting back of my phone out.
Then I have disconnected plugs of battery and others on motherboard and leave phone for 24 hours. After that time when I try to turn on phone the screen is black all the time and red light is on for few seconds then about 5 seconds off and then red light on again. When red light is on the phone is pulsing for 1 second. This happens when I try to turn on phone with button or when I plug off and on battery plug and then plug in charger without pressing power button.
I've tried to hold power button for 20 seconds, power+vol up/vol down but nothing worked.

Sounds like the phone was damaged by the liquid, or there is still liquid in it. Depending on how long it was in it, it could need multiple days to dry out. And any thing left in it (battery, SIM, SD card, etc.) can cause damage and/or be damaged, plus turning it on before it is dried out will cause even more damage. Leave it opened and drying for a few days. Then try again. If it still won't work, then you will need to have it looked at.

Sounds like the phone was damaged by the liquid, or there is still liquid in it. Depending on how long it was in it, it could need multiple days to dry out. And any thing left in it (battery, SIM, SD card, etc.) can cause damage and/or be damaged, plus turning it on before it is dried out will cause even more damage. Leave it opened and drying for a few days. Then try again. If it still won't work, then you will need to have it looked at.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ModestasM Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
H Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
N Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 3
S Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 6
P Android Smartphones 11