ZTE Z993 Help

tsundemotaku

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
My zte z993 phone will no longer charge, when I remove the battery it will turn on and charge but when I put it back in it will turn off and the light will just blink red. Help please???

Solution
If it will act like it is charging when the battery is out, but not when it is in, then it may well need a new battery. Luckily they are not expensive.

Before replacing it though, you may want to check the following.

1. Check the charger port for lint, candy, dust, etc.
2. Try charging it in a different outlet.
3. Try charging via a computer USB connection rather than a wall outlet.
4. Try a diferent charger cable. If it works with a different one, then yours needs replacing.
5. If you updated anything on the phone just prior to this occurring (or installed something new) Try rolling back from the update, or uninstalling the new app.

If the prior 5 fail to fix things, then try replacing the battery.

Should none of these resolve the...
If it will act like it is charging when the battery is out, but not when it is in, then it may well need a new battery. Luckily they are not expensive.

Before replacing it though, you may want to check the following.

1. Check the charger port for lint, candy, dust, etc.
2. Try charging it in a different outlet.
3. Try charging via a computer USB connection rather than a wall outlet.
4. Try a diferent charger cable. If it works with a different one, then yours needs replacing.
5. If you updated anything on the phone just prior to this occurring (or installed something new) Try rolling back from the update, or uninstalling the new app.

If the prior 5 fail to fix things, then try replacing the battery.

Should none of these resolve the problem, it may well be the charging port on the motherboard that needs to be replaced.

Solution