Zune HD Might Launch in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenlead

Distinguished
I won't pass judgment on it (or say I want it) until I get a review or two. Microsoft seems to have gotten the idea that products really need to do what they say on the box (or, they seem to have with the Windows 7 betas). Maybe it'll be good, maybe it'll be an iPhone killer (oh please!), but maybe it'll just be a flop with the same old mold from Microsoft.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
I'm ready to ditch my iPhone... I hope this thing is better (thank goodness for the 30 day cancellation with AT&T.)

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
"As Ars points out, we know there'll be a fourth gen Zune released in the fall,"

Uh, what was the 3rd generation? Can't be the 120 GB zunes as those are really just a bigger HD.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
The 16/120 Zunes came out a full year after the previous generation, and I believe they shipped with the Zune 3.0 firmware by default. Look at the differences between the first and second generation iTouch.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Having HDMI out is pretty slick.

Being able to blast videos onto a device. Take it over to a friends, and play it back on their TV/surround without needing a laptop, or burning disks etc. etc. is a pretty nice option.

Like many though, I'll be skepticle until I see its actual tested performance.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
This is going to be the most overpriced unnecesary waste of money ever. An OLED touch screen would alone cost more than any 40 inch out there (since 11 inch sony oled cost $2500). Having high definition on such a small device would also be a waste since its too small. The 3d XBOX games support is pretty cool, but it will just cost too much.

mustseehdtv

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
dman3k have you used an iphone? It's probably the best phone I have ever had (and I'm not an apple fan). I can't imagine going back to another smartphone (I had a motorola smartphone).

As for this Zune HD, it sounds awesome. MS either needs to make it a phone or add a camera and make it an HD Camcorder (to compete with Flip). I'd get a pre-order if they did that (and I never do that).

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]iPhone is only good because of marketing.it's a plain overpriced POS.I need to hire Apple's marketing team.[/citation]

i guest any winmo phone is the best for you.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I hope they really concentrate on HD audio and support several losless formats. Give me lots of sound tweaks and huge professional EQ options. Nice navigation would be nice too; being able to navigate when the device is inside my pocket. And if they throw in wi-fi, bluetooth, phone support, 1080p HDMI, SDHC card reader, windows mobile 7, they'll have my cash :)

rockerrb

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
If I were in the market for an MP3 player I would buy a Zune and not an ipod. I like windows media player and don't use itunes. I do not currently have an MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.