Zune HD Prices Leaked; $290 for 32 GB

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerejuana

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Nice. I'm sure the 3rd generation iPod Touch will have similar pricing. And hopefully the touch will get some new features (like an oled screen, camera, more storage capactiy, better cpu and graphics!

I mean the Zune HD is pretty sick.... nvidia tegra, oled screen, $290 for 32gb etc...

Now i'm not sure which to get....yet....

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Dave, take your negativity and jackassery somewhere else. Maybe 4chan?

Also, netbooks can too fit in your pocket.

According to Sony, anyway: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/10/sonys-pocket-style-vaio-type-p-sony-style/

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I had a Zune once. I returned it later because of its lack of equalizer and clunky UI. Hopefully they've fixed this.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Its a HUGE deal that they undercut Apple by 110 dollars for the 32 gig model, they couldnt get anywhere with on-par pricing. Its just the customer mindset that Apple has.

I'll be getting one as soon as they are released in Canada, assuming there arent any glaring problems at release.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]doomsdaydave11[/nom]Last time I checked you can't fit a netbook in your pocket and jog with it.[/citation]
Last time I checked the iTouch was trash for serious joggers. The shuffle and nano are far superior for your example.

I think we'll see a slight price drop in the iTouch because of the price/gig war you'll have over this.

For this price, number of features, and space I'd consider the PSP Go a major competitor. Sony, supposedly, is trying to do similar App store things for its release.

We'll see, I'm liking where the handheld market is going.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]290, bit steep considering all of the other pmp's on the market atm. anyway. does it get full flash 9 support? that's all I want to know.[/citation]
I think I heard that it will not get flash support.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]I had a Zune once. I returned it later because of its lack of equalizer and clunky UI. Hopefully they've fixed this.[/citation]

The EQ has returned and the UI is apparently quite slick. :)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]apmyhr[/nom]I think I heard that it will not get flash support.[/citation]

Yeah, the browser (developed by the IE team) doesn't have flash support. Lame, right?

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
I am gonna be all over this Zune when it comes out. I think it is the right time to upgrade my 1st gen 30GB Zune. 28 days! Giggity!

abelpc

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I just hope I can find one when they are released.. I have the Halo special edition Zune right now which works great but the new features are hard to resist.. I have to have at least the 32 gigs cuz I used the 30 gigs I have now.. LOL

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]290, bit steep considering all of the other pmp's on the market atm. anyway. does it get full flash 9 support? that's all I want to know.[/citation]

Apparently it won't have support, but Nvidia did just ink a deal with Adobe for Tegra optimisations, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's enabled later.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I got the 30GB zune and i'm happy with the stable mods i did. I got a better battery life, bigger drive, and bluetooth. I guess that bets the good-looking Zune HD, but i'm not one to criticize watching in HD with touchscreen would be a huge plus. Maybe i can mod that too once some parts comes out on ebay?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]And solid-state is a good trade-off, why? There are lots of people like me that are huge audiophiles and need more storage space than 32GB.[/citation]

I have to ask: if you're a huge audiophile why would you worry about a consumer-grade PMP? Just get one for when you go out for a walk, etc and leave the audiophile stuff to Hi-MD.

P_haze420

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]So what's your solution, Mister Big Spender (I'll assume you rip your own CDs)? Pair a couple of iPods in a raid 0 array? Carry a Netbook with headphones?For me, the Zune HD might be the next big thing, especially with that price tag![/citation]

Looks like I didn't put detail enough. I am looking forward to new Zune HD but the only thing is turning me off is not enough space. Again, I have 50gb of music and if I want to watch videos too then that'll take even more space. I believe they should put 80gb or 120gb in it.

I personally hate Apple and their products. I have 30gb Ipod and it keeps fucking my computer and the software up every couple months or so. Their customer service is even worse then microsoft, based on my experience.

One more thing that microsoft should add to the Zune HD and that is phone. If they seriously do it, I'm jumping the microsoft bandwagon. Otherwise... I'll still get it. It is time for me to get new media player, it's been 4 years since I bought one.

Kudos and stay high.

G

Nope - I've got a 120GB and until they can give me a 160 or 200, I'm sticking with my standard Zune.

Status
Not open for further replies.