Deemo13

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hey community,

So I have a Samsung Focus (with a 8GB SD card in it, 16GB) which is the reason I have the Zune software on my computer. It is so much better than iTunes, yet I seem to be having an issue or two.

First of all, I am having an issue signing in to Zune itself through the software. I can sign onto the website just fine, yet not onto the software itself. When I try to sign in, it reads:

"Can't access the file. It might be in use, you might not be able to access the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might be incorrect."

I clicked on "web help" under the error and this is part of what I got

"What's Going On?

Playback Error — C00D11D2

Can't access the file. It might be in use, you might not be able to access the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might be wrong. Typically, this error means you can't sync with your device or download updates for the Zune software because you're not connected to the Internet.

Internet access might be unavailable for a variety of reasons. For example, you might be experiencing temporary issues with your Internet service provider (ISP). Also, your Windows firewall or third-party software might be blocking Internet access."

I have no clue what kind of file it is trying to find, maybe my account is a file. I don't know. I am not having internet problems obviously, since I am posting a message on the computer of which this is happening.

Second of all, I am having an issue with the Focus' connection to the computer. When I plug it in, it reads something like "Connection Error. Disconnect your phone, restart it, and try again." Obviously I have done this many times and even re-installed the Zune software. I think this may be an effect of not being able to sign in.

Any insight would be utterly fantastic on either of these problems

Thanks
-Gunner

The two sound related, the error you are getting may be from the fact that the Zune software is trying to read the songs on the phone which is not connecting. Your main issue sounds to me that the phone does not connect not the software logon.

Try a different USB cord. The phone could also be damaged, it's an often used connector and can break. Are there device drivers for the phone? If there are, re-install them, try again. Have you tried this on another PC? If the phone fails to connect at another PC, the only option I see is to bring the phone in for repair/replacement.

Deemo13

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

I tried a new cable in a new USB port and the issue remains. I am going to try it on my laptop and see what happens. I just have no music on my laptop. Do you know of a way to transfer playlists from one computer to another?

I am also going to try to find the device drivers and re-do them. I believe it is more of a software issue at this point. I can sign in fine on the Zune website.

If the music is not secured, just copy the files over. The playlists (which is not really the music but just a way to sort them for you), that depends on what program you created them in. Need to check in the help files for that program. If the music is paid for and uses some form of DRM (when you need to logon to something to play it or if it's locked to a device) you need to check with that software/site where you got it to see how to move it to another device.