Apr 7, 2008
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]What stupid construct. Money.[/citation]

I don't keep money. Only gold.

;)

Far more stable currency.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I think there are some investors that sold some of their Zynga shares just to buy Facebook

It's soo shocking that no sane investor would want to hold more than one social media stock at one time... Face it bro, fundamentally your business is no longer the biggest social media asset out there. And much like subscribership in social media itself, if you aren't the biggest you are quickly the smallest.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]I can't believe people are actually buying stock in a company that turns around and sells their private information to third parties.[/citation]
trust me, theyre much less interested in where you live, and more interested in what your taste in things are. you click something, they figure you're interested in that thing, advertise more things like that to you, get more money out of you. basically what it all boils down to. google does the same thing.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Wall Street makes money out of each transaction, so they don’t lose money in any trade whether the price goes up or down. They know how to avoid Federal Taxes too like Halliburton which became a foreign company of Dubai. Many critics argue that the reduction in Goldman Sach's annual tax rate of 1% from 34% was achieved by shifting its earnings to subsidiaries in low- or no-tax nations. Goldman Sachs had 28 such subsidiaries at the time, including 15 in the Cayman Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.