1. App installations- You will need at least OS X 10.7 to do this. Download and install OS X Mavericks.app from the App Store and the Recovery Partition Creator 3.7.app.
2. Recovery app extraction- Extract and execute the Recovery Partition Creator app. Click OK to confirm that it will change your hard drive.
3. Additional confirmation- The program will confirm the version of OS X you’re running. Click OK to confirm when you see the message pop up.
4. Drive selection- Select a drive to install the recovery data files on, then click OK.
5. Disk check- Click Continue to allow the system to check the hard disk for errors.
6. OS X Mavericks app location- Choose the destination for the OS X Mavericks app. When you select your destination, click Choose.
7. Partition creation confirmation and version- You will receive a prompt when the program is about to create the partition. Click OK to continue. When you receive the prompt to choose the OS installer version, click on 10.9. You will see a prompt that the installation is finished. Click OK to confirm.
8. Testing- Reboot your Mac while holding Command + the R key. You should see the recovery partition on available boot devices.