1 phone no Internet through wifi but others work fine

Jun 9, 2018
Between phones of simular type and tablets, the wifi works fine for them. My phone is the only one that won't use the Internet through wifi. I did get it to speed test on my phone, was 70mbps. Yet I can't get anything to work. No browser or Internet apps.

I've tried to forget networks and then turn off phone. Reconnect. I'm using samsung gs5. We have another gs5 that works no problem. I can't figure this out. Full wifi signal but nothing happens except very very slow. Some games apps won't even load cause of the speed.

Well, it could still be the internet connection, due to the fact that some carriers/service providers limit the number of devices that can be accessing it at a time. However, barring that I would try first making sure the date and time are correct on your phone. Then try turning 'data' off on the phone. Sometimes that interferes.

Should none of this work, try accessing other WiFi's. Do they work fine for you? If so, then the limitation is in your WiFi and you need to check the modem/router settings and check with your ISP. If it happens on any WiFi you try and connect to, then I would wonder if there is something on the phone inhibiting it or if the phone has a hardware issue.

Jun 9, 2018

*I tried connection to another wifi and it worked. So my modem/router is keeping me zlow. But there is no one at home right now on the wifi yet I get no service. Hmmm real confusing. Thanks for the response

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Android Smartphones 0
Merciah Android Smartphones 0
S Android Smartphones 0
I Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 2
A Android Smartphones 1
JamesII Android Smartphones 3
T Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
I Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 1