1080 HD Video will not play in full screen

michaellanfield

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I have an HP Pavilion DV7 Laptop and use Adobe Premiere CS6.

I shoot my videos on my camera in HD 1080i (fujifilm SL1000), I transfer it over to Adobe Premiere and when I am done, I render entire work. When that is done, I export it to H264, preset custom and 1920x1080, however the source and output screens to the left show something different that the output (which is set to scale to fit) is not showing up in full screen, so when I start exporting it, it does not export in full screen. I want to be able to export in full HD (full screen) to upload to YouTube and put on Blu-Ray disc. How to do it to get exact source file to be output file so it plays full screen?

PS. I use Windows Media Player and doesn't play in full screen, even though MediaInfo software says the video file is 1920x1080 resolution. The first film I did through Adobe Premiere seemed to work, plays in full screen, but now the 2nd film I did does not export in full screen. Strange???!!!!

Thank you.

michaellanfield

Honorable
May 28, 2013

I am not sure, what setting you are talking about. I am new to the program. I just drag and drop the videos files into the program, choose what sections or footage I want to use out of the video and put it into the sequence area. Then I render the whole file when done and export. I am just wondering what format/settings should I choose when exporting? Maybe I am doing something wrong at this stage?

When you create a new timeline there should be a dialog box that pops up asking you for details about the timeline setting. Take a look at this video as it will explain it better than I can: http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/how-do-i-choose-the-right-sequence-settings
The settings you choose for a sequence depends on the video file being imported. For example the DV settings are for SD (Standard Definition) video and the presets for Full HD include AVC Intra, AVCHD, and so on. The HDV setting is for HDV footage (1440 x 1080).
You might want to read this for information on Red, Green and Yellow render bars: http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html

michaellanfield

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Thank you. This video tutorial helped me a lot.

You should be able to export it as H.264. Check the settings in the export box to see whether or not they match your intended output. Once you have chosen H.264 make sure to check the preset beneath it to make sure it is the setting you want. Make sure there is no check in the box "Match Sequence Settings". If there is one it will change the output.

michaellanfield

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Actually I have VLC media player (the latest version), but for some reason it is never is able to play HD videos, it is extremely choppy and I can not view them. They play fine in WMP, but some of them are not full screen.

michaellanfield

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Actually I have VLC media player (the latest version), but for some reason it is never is able to play HD videos, it is extremely choppy and I can not view them. They play fine in WMP, but some of them are not full screen.

The Mac Professor

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
When you choose in the menu bar
FILE>EXPORT >MEDIA

Then you start by choosing the video codec you want to use,
then look to the right their is a drag down bar or arrow and it opens up a whole new world
Such as Basic settings make sure you have the correct size chosen or enter in what size you want to export the video as
Then the make sure you have correct frame rate and whatever else you think you need.
If you need to change the bitrate use Quicktime Pro it is way more efficient then the CS% version of Premiere that I use.
You can leave the output name the same as the sequence or rename it and choose where you want to save it to.

media