15 Ways to Speed Up Your Boot and Shutdown Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

thfun

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
This article is totally unfriendly to mobile browsers, its a pain to try to read this for example in chrome for android.

bamalek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I downloaded this PC Cleaner free and ran the scan but once you try to fix the problems they want $29.95 to register. I guess the download is only free. LOL

bamalek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I downloaded this PC Cleaner free and ran the scan but once you try to fix the problems they want $29.95 to register. I guess the download is only free. LOL

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
shutdown.exe -s -t 00 -f

A very dangerous way of shutting down. You may loose some valuable data using this. John should be responsible enough to issue a warning first, before recommending these shutdown procedure.

JasCola

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Easy to speed up. Install Windows 8. Microsoft redid the process for start-up/shutdown and it has greatly improved the speed.

beachbod

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Theres a utility called SMART that will disable and enable services based on BlackVipers services configurations with just a click cause it would take forever to do it manually. And you can easily reverse the changes if you want. No screwing up your system!
I used the "advanced" services configuration which makes the windows interface look barebones but im mostly gaming anyways and my computer is so much faster without all the bloat and overhead. Definately recommend it.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Partial BS. Tom's has run articles comparing defraged and non defraged drives. They and all other research show little differences with today's current OS's. The same is true of registry cleaning. In fact when Tom's ran a comparison of speed up software (all of them defraged, reg. cleaned and did a disk clean up) there was no appreciable improvement. Back tot he registry; there is a greater chance these tools will cause problems than fix or improve the system. So why does Tom's run the crap when their own testing shows it is useless. Oh ya to get paid by the vendors. LET THE READER BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.