$1500 long lasting laptop

PFNeto

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Hi there,
Here's my thing
I'm from Brazil, where electronics are MUCH more expensive, and i'm gonna study for about a year in the US... I'm really excited about bringing back some nice electronics with me, and after i come back to brazil, it'll be a while for me to travel again...
So i need a laptop that will last long, has a good heating system (i dont know if this matters much, but where i live, the temperature easily reaches 35º C), not bulky (i dont need an optical driver) and with a great overall performance (I want to have a fast booting and multitasking). It will be extra nice if it can be upgraded later...
I will use it for mid-high gaming, multimedia, and college (Chemical Engineering). Thanks in advance, and i'm sorry about any grammar mistakes
$1500 is my laptop budget, but anything cheaper would be awesome, since i have to buy a smartphone too, and some spare money would come in handy.

Dee Kay

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
You might want to wait till you get to the USA then to buy depending on how long you have to wait. Remember that the difference between cutting edge and obsolete can be as little as 18 months though you can easily get 6 or more years of acceptable use from most systems as long as you don't demand the newest and the best as soon as it comes out. The temperature shouldn't matter unless you lived in an ultra dusty or extremely hot environment.

Check prices and features at NewEgg to narrow down what is more important and what you may be willing to go without seeing as most laptops have very limited upgrade paths. Get an idea what you think looks good and then ask which may be the better choice of 2, 3, or even 5 systems. That leaves you with a better choice and more money for other things that may come up or catch your eye. You can set many different options to narrow down your choices or expand them to include more on their site. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006740%204022%208000&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&page=1