15R N5110 NO Bluetooth Music

OldIdiot

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Everyone seems to think this is a simple joke, but NOBODY has helped fix that NEITHER of my Dell 15R N5110 W7 Pro x64 laptops will PLAY MUSIC THROUGH ANY DEVICE. They are all "SEEN" by the computers BUT DO NOT TRULY CONNECT.
But all my Toshiba's SEE, INSTALL DRIVERS and CONNECT, PAIR and PLAY MUSIC and ALLOW A JAMBOX TO ANSWER CALLS and play music, flawlessly. But NOT Dell. WHY and Why not?

Thanks for your thoughts and help.

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the Bluetooth driver?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Bluetooth driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the Dell's website.
- Here's the link: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-n5110/drivers/advanced
- Once you've installed the latest driver, reboot the laptop for all the changes to take effect.

Here's a guide on how to enable or connect Bluetooth devices.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows/change-bluetooth-device-settings#1TC=windows-7

OldIdiot

Commendable
May 8, 2016

OldIdiot

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Thanks for the thoughts but YES I have uninstalled Bluetooth devices, drivers, software and everything suggested in and from ALL other posts about Dell Bluetooth music problems posted since 2011 with no joy. At all. Utilized EVERY suggestion, including NEWEST DRIVERS from DELL - 1st, then an UNINSTALL and try intel's NEWEST DRIVERS and SOFTWARE and all have failed to fix this. Oh, except the ONE guy that said the ONLY way he corrected the problem was to NUKE his drive and do a CLEAN INSTALL of W7. NOT a viable option.
THERE MUST be a registry key or set of keys that MUST be deleted or edited to allow updated DRIVERS and SOFTWARE to be installed CLEANLY, or even RETROGRADED to older working software from intel OR DELL but I haven't found anything that will work. ALL THE TIME REALIZING THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS MY HANDLE IS OLDIDIOT. ;-)

Oh, Yeah. EACH UNINSTALL/INSTALL was immediately followed by restart upon completion whether required or NOT. NO HELP and probably created a Monkey Fist/Gordian Knot in the registry but OldIdiots tend to do things this way.

After ALL the frustrations of MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS at employing each and every SUPPOSED solution here, I have YET to see this problem VERIFIED as SOLVED here, So,
Again, Thanks L_N, BUT no joy in Mudville tonight.