16Ohm Speakers for an 8Ohm amplifiers?

Rinu Leo

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Hello,
This is my Amplifier http://www.ahujaradios.in/amplifiers-2/two-zone-pa-amplifiers/tza-7000.html
well, I just confused with this, I have Two 250watt 16ohm Speakers and Two 125watt 8ohm speakers. I don't actually know how to connect because the max speaker out shows 8 ohms, people say I should connect the two 16ohm speakers in parallel with the 8Ohm Amplifier output and same with the two 8ohm speakers in parallel with the 4ohm amplifier output. Is this correct??. if not I just need the diagram for the best output.
Thanks in Advance guys. Cheers!!

Solution
yes the "people" who told you how to connect are correct.
the 2 x 16ohm speakers should be connected in parallel to the 8 ohm output.
parallel means the + of both speakers connect to the 8 ohm connector at the amp and the - of both speakers connect
to the - at the amplifier. this means you're using a pair of wires for each 16 ohm speaker.

likewise use both 8 ohm speakers connected in parallel to the 4ohm connector on the other half of your amp. again you are using 2 pairs of
speaker wires for the 2 x 8ohm speakers with 1 wire of each pair connected to the + 4 ohm output and 1 wire of each
pair connected to the - connector at the amp.

If it is still too confusing, then hookup only 1 pair of your speakers, the 8 ohm ones.
use 1 8...

chris-L

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
yes the "people" who told you how to connect are correct.
the 2 x 16ohm speakers should be connected in parallel to the 8 ohm output.
parallel means the + of both speakers connect to the 8 ohm connector at the amp and the - of both speakers connect
to the - at the amplifier. this means you're using a pair of wires for each 16 ohm speaker.

likewise use both 8 ohm speakers connected in parallel to the 4ohm connector on the other half of your amp. again you are using 2 pairs of
speaker wires for the 2 x 8ohm speakers with 1 wire of each pair connected to the + 4 ohm output and 1 wire of each
pair connected to the - connector at the amp.

If it is still too confusing, then hookup only 1 pair of your speakers, the 8 ohm ones.
use 1 8 ohm speaker connected to the 8 ohm output of each half of your amplifier.

for reference : 2 x 16 ohm speakers connected in parallel = 8 ohms
2 x 8 ohm speakers hooked in parallel = 4 ohms

CRITICAL ; DO NOT ALLOW BARE + and - SPEAKER WIRES TO TOUCH BETWEEN EACH OTHER OR YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR AMP.

Solution