1st "real" computer

cantercreek

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Hello,
hey, this is my first custom computer..I am brand new..I do weddingvideos and music videos..my personal laptop is way too slow. I want to spend around $1500 or less. Is there a place that I can start?..I know that this is probably over my headbut any advice would be good.

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
did you want a $1500 laptop or a $1500 desktop?

In either case, i'd say look around at some of the other builds first to see what might be a starting point; then posting what you think looks good, or ask to compare one build to another. and yes, fill out the question form.

cantercreek

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
1. What is your budget? <$300-1500...if there is something lower end that would fit my needs, I would love it...

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Not important

3. What screen resolution do you want? HD

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Would prefer laptop for mobility but will settle for desktop if better deal.

5. How much battery life do you need? 3-5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No Games

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo, Video editing with room to expand to bigger Video programs

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Mid Range, use external

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Long term..want this to be the last one for a while.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD, BluRay..future tech ready.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. N/A

13. What country do you live in? United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I have a laptop now that makes video editing difficult. I got Adobe Premiere Elements as a gift and I would like to use it. Takes a long time to complete tasks and I cannot see video in real time..real jumpy.