Solved! 2 aux ports on old receiver?

Feb 11, 2019
Hello,

I have on old receiver currently hooked up to my turntable and speakers.

I want to also play my iPod/ smartphone through this receiver, possibly using the AUX input.

My dilemma is that the aux input has 2 ports, and both seem to be slightly too small for my regular (3.5 mm) aux cord.

Is there such a thing as a 2-headed aux input?

Is there an alternative to hooking my iPod to this receiver? Image of back panel and aux inputs. My turntable is plugged in using the Phono right now.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019
Both the aux and tape playback inputs have left and right RCA jacks (1 for each channel) just like the phono input you are already using.
You need a cable with 2 RCA plugs at the receiver end and a 3.5mm stereo plug at the phone end. Very common.
Ah! Thank you - in the case of using RCA plugs at the receiver, does it matter where I'm connecting red vs black (as my receiver ports are white)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Audio 3
B Audio 3
H Audio 1
B Audio 2
S Audio 1
D Audio 4
C Audio 2
D Audio 1
B Audio 1
A Audio 1
C Audio 1
R Audio 1
L Audio 4
A Audio 1
K Audio 2
T Audio 7
G Audio 18
W Audio 2
V Audio 1
B Audio 3
Similar threads
What cable can pass IR signals to IR input port on back of A/V receiver?
Solved! Can i connect external speakers without a receiver to my Toshiba Model 47ZV650U TV? It has a USB & Digital Audio Out ports.
How do I connect Xfinity X1 DVR cable box to old Yamaha RX-V2300 component receiver for 5.1 surround sound? No HDMI port on re
I want to set up 5.1 audio from my pc to my av receiver, and I need help.
How to connect HDTV to old receiver without HDMI port
Connecting receiver, TV, cable box with/1 HDMI port? Help!!
New 4K ARC Port to new 4K Receiver
what specific port do I need to use on Sharp Model LC-60EQ10U to connect an MPOW Bfluetooth SPDIF&AUX Transmitter and Receive
Hooking up multiple devices via a soundbar/AV receiver with HDMI pass through on a monitor with only one HDMI port?
I have a A/V Receiver Sony with two subwoofer output ports and i get a Yamaha subwoofer but i cant get it works, i already u
How to hook up Firestick to old receiver
I'm trying to connect an LG smart rv to a jvc DS TP100 receiver. I have the optical cable output port on the tv. I need to co
Have a panasonic plasma monitor with one cdmi port, an older receiver/tuner and a simple converter box how can I connect a fir
How can I connect multiple devices to home theater receiver if the receiver only has one HDMI port? Also how to connect receiv
How to connect turntable to Pioneer Receiver VSX-527
I have the LG lf6000 TV and I have an optical out port but need to connect older stereo receiver with two tower speakers to it
Connecting computer audio and satellite receiver audio to 7.1 surround speaker system
how to get true 5.1 sound from my macbook pro optical port (receiver doesn't have hdmi in)?
Vizio soundbar connected epson projector with no receiver
help me recognize this receiver aux port

ASK THE COMMUNITY