2 in 1 or two devices?

duder86

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

recently my Surface pro (1st Gen) has died on me and Im currently stuck in a decision indecision.

I loved the fact I had some of everything. I was able to read a comic book or two and work on some spreadsheets or code. The only thing it was not able to do was play a game and it was struggling with some applications like Photoshop. I had therefore decided that the next device I get would have a discrete graphics card.

I had a look around and found i that the new Lenovo Yoga 3 14" would fit the top end of my budget and my requirements. It has a option that has a Nvidia GeForce 940M (2GB).

But then I found out that I could also buy a Acer Aspire VN7 with an i7-5500U and a GeForce GTX 950M (4GB) for less. For the difference I could afford to buy a Dell Venue 8 pro for on the couch surfing and comic book reading.

I have now gone back and forth in my own opinion and would like to ask what do you guys think is smarter? Just having one device or two for different tasks?

duder86

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hi I dont play that many games on pc, but would like to play games like pillar of eternity or Divinity: Original Sin.

I also thought that going with the 2 separate devices would mean that i could maybe future proof more.