2 sets of wireless headphones playing different source audio simultaneously

GarrettLLM

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I work at a museum and for our next exhibition we need to have video 1 playing through projector 1 with audio through set 1 of wireless headphones. We need to have video 2 playing through projector 2 with audio through set 2 of wireless headphones. The two wireless headphone transmitters will be about 15 feet apart, but the two sets of headphones themselves will be relatively close to one another. Is this possible without the headphones picking up both sets of audio? We have yet to buy set 2 of wireless headphones and was wondering if a different brand would prevent them from connecting to each other?

Thanks!

Solution
Do the wireless headphone transmitters have a way to select the wireless channel (frequency) you want each to transmit on? And what about the headphones, how do you tell them which channel to receive on? I know in live music performances, different musicians using in-ear monitors each get their separate monitor mixes, and musicians using wireless transmitters from their guitars to their amplifiers are able to send discreet signals.

I don't know the "how", but it is certainly done. I used to do the live mixing for bands, and several of the musicians used in-ears.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
Do the wireless headphone transmitters have a way to select the wireless channel (frequency) you want each to transmit on? And what about the headphones, how do you tell them which channel to receive on? I know in live music performances, different musicians using in-ear monitors each get their separate monitor mixes, and musicians using wireless transmitters from their guitars to their amplifiers are able to send discreet signals.

I don't know the "how", but it is certainly done. I used to do the live mixing for bands, and several of the musicians used in-ears.

Solution