$200 bundle (headphone+mic+dac/amp) for gaming/casual music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike393

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Alright, so I got 200 USD to spend on a pair of headphones (closed or open[say if they do]), a mic (Modmic 4[with mute], 5 or any other options?), and a dac/amp. Ive done some research and I'm thinking really hard about a pair of HE-350s since they're on massdrop right now. I'm just concerned about the hard highs that i see people saying. As stated in the title I will be playing games and casually listening to music. I do want to benefit from that "open backedness" but I don't want to suffer the negatives of not being able to wear them around or sound leaking through walls. I'm open to used ideas but totally not preferred unless you can convince me otherwise. Yeah, I know broken in headphones are a good thing. As far as dac/amps go, I have no idea what I want. I hear that E10k is the best starter dac/amp. I can wiggle in 10 bucks extra if need be.
Would i want something like this?:
E10K - $76(EDIT: not 70$)
modmic 4 (with mute)- $50
74$ headphones (no clue what is good at this price point :/)

E10k overkill for this range of headphones?
I appreciate the help!

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
if you want to know all about your desired selection , i recommend a youtuber called z reviews , search your particulars ( other than modmic) and you should be good , amp/dacs are never overkill , i use a mixer for the exact same thing only with xlr mic and audio technica athad500x headphones , its a worthy investment

Mike393

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Yeah I've watched some of his stuff . Ive also heard good things about athad500xs. ive been searching around and am becoming more interested in some sennheiser 558s, not completely sold yet though.

Mike393

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Never saw this pack before. There are a couple turnoffs for me. 1. the price, just a bit overbudget. 2. the headphones arent as stellar as ive seen others being at this price point. Lastly, 3. I dont really want a desk mic and would prefer to keep the modmic on the list since ive heard it is pretty amazing.

Mike393

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Im goin SHP9500($57 newegg)+V-moda boompro($30 amazon)+ Schiit Fulla($59) + Alphapads ($60 Mrspeakers website) (Thought about brainwavz but i need the space for the modded closed 9500s i may be doin later)
if theres anything wrong with this please lemme know!

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
good setup , idk about the pads so hope those work for you , as for the headphones , fulla and mic , good selection especially the schitt amp/dac , i hear nothing but good things about them , i want the jotunheim myself , amp with optional dac but its expensive lol , good luck and may your audio endeavors soar :D

Mike393

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Sorry for necro but SHP9500S just came in today. They are really good and i dont even have my e10k yet. Yeah anythings probably better than closed gaming headsets but these are REALLY GOOD. Reading reviews and thinking headphones are good is different. Its next to surreal. Thanks for the help/info audiophile community.

Status
Not open for further replies.