Solved! 2018 Best Laptop to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidonithith

Banned
BANNED
Dec 27, 2018
Hey,

So im starting my 4year Engineering degree and will need a new laptop, Im willing to invest in one that will last the span of my degree.

Im thinking the HP Spectre x360 15.6inch, or the Dell XPS 15 9560 or a Surface Book. I would be looking for 16gb ram and at least 256gb ssd with an i7 config for each one. Which one would you guys reccommend? Or is there a new one coming out in 2018 I should wait for?

As I am staying in the halls I wont have a tv or any other tech, this laptop and my phone will be used for absoulutly everything in my life for the next 4 years at least.

Thanks for the help

Solution
Dell XPS if you can afford that is a good pick. Surface is a bit meh unless you really want to have a tablet model, all the Surfaces we use at work have not been very reliable, it needs an external adapter for everything.
Dec 27, 2018
I would suggest you go with XPS 15 if you have that much budget. You can also check out the "Razer Blade 15" laptop. It has really good specs and meets all your requirements as well. Here's the config of Razer Blade 15:-

DISPLAY: 15.6” Full HD edge-to-edge display (4.9mm bezels), factory color calibrated
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design VR Ready graphics
PROCESSOR: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor
DUAL STORAGE: 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD - For speed and capacity
BUILD QUALITY: Thin and compact, durable CNC aluminum unibody (0.78” x 9.25” x 13.98”)
MEMORY: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR-4-2667MHz, expandable to 32GB
ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Gigabit Ethernet, 3x USB 3.1, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), HDMI, Mini Display Port

Do let me know what you think about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.