2500A + TiVo is the greatest thing going!

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.

If you have the stuff,, do it.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Whats the model number of your Tivo?

"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
news:4jbl11t5q594jd5b0rajs9o8c8o74o8lc1@4ax.com...
> Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.
>
> If you have the stuff,, do it.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:02:43 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:

>Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.
>
>If you have the stuff,, do it.

And what do your reecieve with the 2500a, that the TiVo records, that
isn't stealing?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Gary J Tait wrote:

>>Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.
>>
>>If you have the stuff,, do it.
>
>
> And what do your reecieve with the 2500a, that the TiVo records, that
> isn't stealing?

Hi Gary
I just started reading this group today, so I'm sure there is some
history behind this comment that I'm not aware of. But I'm curious what
the point is here. I use TIVO to record FTA stuff from my DVB receivers
all the time, and have used TyTools for processing recordings on my PC,
and don't see any aspect of this as stealing. Or am I missing something
from a previous post indicating that the 2500 was hacked or something?
Sorry for continuing what must be an old argument, but it just sounded
like you had some problem with the use of TIVO? I have 2 series 1 TIVOs
and LOVE them. Greatest thing since TV.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

There are some people buying the Pansat 2500a and certain other
brands,because there is a way to alter them to steal proprietary satellite
tv signals.

I noticed in my area a lot of newspaper ads from various "satellite" places
and individuals advertising a FTA receiver and 3 lnb dish setup\installed
for about $600 Can. the ad says "1000s of channels...." ",,,the last
satellite receiver you'll ever buy..." etc,etc.

Haven't checked them out,so I don't know what the deal is there,but I know
that it isn't possible to get 1000s of channels on dvb with just 3
lnbs,presumably pointed at 3 satellites,without doctoring the
receiver!Although I know how that's done,I'm not posting it,because I don't
want to give anybody ideas!



"Bill Jones" <wejones@megalink.net> wrote in message
news:111n1qp5r9ot15@corp.supernews.com...
> Gary J Tait wrote:
>
>>>Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.
>>>
>>>If you have the stuff,, do it.
>>
>>
>> And what do your reecieve with the 2500a, that the TiVo records, that
>> isn't stealing?
>
> Hi Gary
> I just started reading this group today, so I'm sure there is some history
> behind this comment that I'm not aware of. But I'm curious what the point
> is here. I use TIVO to record FTA stuff from my DVB receivers all the
> time, and have used TyTools for processing recordings on my PC, and don't
> see any aspect of this as stealing. Or am I missing something from a
> previous post indicating that the 2500 was hacked or something? Sorry for
> continuing what must be an old argument, but it just sounded like you had
> some problem with the use of TIVO? I have 2 series 1 TIVOs and LOVE them.
> Greatest thing since TV.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Valdivar wrote:

> There are some people buying the Pansat 2500a and certain other
> brands,because there is a way to alter them to steal proprietary satellite
> tv signals.

Yeah, I'm aware of that and figured that might be involved in Gary's
comment, but wasn't sure why TIVO was brought into the discussion.
Actually, the deal with the hacking of the Pansat and Fortec
Lifetime receivers has had some benefits for fta viewers too. It's made
these receivers cheap, apparently because so many were imported. I just
bought a Lifetime Ultra on EBAY for a bit more than half of what I paid
for my first Lifetime nearly 2 years ago, and much less than they were
when they first came out. If DN's new encryption can beat the pirates,
we'll be able to get them for next to nothing. :)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

Yep!I bought a Fortec Lifetime Ultra about a month ago!Not bad.

True.That's like when The Indiana Jones Trilogy became available on
DVD,suddenly all those Ebay sellers who were peddling the laserdiscs for $75
eavh had to sell them for next to nothing!

"Bill Jones" <wejones@megalink.net> wrote in message
news:111nacs452qnt61@corp.supernews.com...
> Valdivar wrote:
>
>> There are some people buying the Pansat 2500a and certain other
>> brands,because there is a way to alter them to steal proprietary
>> satellite tv signals.
>
> Yeah, I'm aware of that and figured that might be involved in Gary's
> comment, but wasn't sure why TIVO was brought into the discussion.
> Actually, the deal with the hacking of the Pansat and Fortec Lifetime
> receivers has had some benefits for fta viewers too. It's made these
> receivers cheap, apparently because so many were imported. I just bought
> a Lifetime Ultra on EBAY for a bit more than half of what I paid for my
> first Lifetime nearly 2 years ago, and much less than they were when they
> first came out. If DN's new encryption can beat the pirates, we'll be able
> to get them for next to nothing. :)
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:53:34 -0500, Bill Jones <wejones@megalink.net>
wrote:

>Valdivar wrote:
>
>> There are some people buying the Pansat 2500a and certain other
>> brands,because there is a way to alter them to steal proprietary satellite
>> tv signals.
>

>Yeah, I'm aware of that and figured that might be involved in Gary's
>comment, but wasn't sure why TIVO was brought into the discussion.
> Actually, the deal with the hacking of the Pansat and Fortec
>Lifetime receivers has had some benefits for fta viewers too. It's made
>these receivers cheap, apparently because so many were imported. I just
>bought a Lifetime Ultra on EBAY for a bit more than half of what I paid
>for my first Lifetime nearly 2 years ago, and much less than they were
>when they first came out. If DN's new encryption can beat the pirates,
>we'll be able to get them for next to nothing. :)
>
>
You aren't kidding about the prices. It is finally back to what I paid
before the hack existed.
I can't wait for the hack to die so I can line my shack with 2500a's.

In the mean time, I added the pansat.tcl to my trusty ptv 300 and it
is awesome combined with the latest hackware that lines up the correct
channel numbers in the Pansat. :)

It is actually quite inferior to my DirecTiVo, but hey I had great fun
adding ppp over serial and the other various hacks to it.
I'm going to buy Turbonet cards for both now...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:36:32 -0500, "Executive" <mlcoch@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Whats the model number of your Tivo?

Series 1- PTV 300.
>
>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
>news:4jbl11t5q594jd5b0rajs9o8c8o74o8lc1@4ax.com...
>> Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.
>>
>> If you have the stuff,, do it.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:23:12 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:02:43 -0500, kryppy <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote:
>
>>Easy as hell. TyTools rocks. I love TiVo.
>>
>>If you have the stuff,, do it.
>
>And what do your reecieve with the 2500a, that the TiVo records, that
>isn't stealing?


My local ABC, FOX, CBS & NBC are unencrypted on 119. Gol TV, Nasa and
the cool PPV preview channel are the ones you would get.

99% of the TV I watch is network programming, so this is a great deal
for me. I hope it stays that way after nagra2.

As for the cable channels. I have been stealing them for so long with
VC2 I already have a TiVo on my 4DTV....but alas, network programming
is all that seems to make it on there.

Have a good one. Flash your pansat already.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:27:23 -0500, Bill Jones <wejones@megalink.net>
wrote:


>I just started reading this group today, so I'm sure there is some
>history behind this comment that I'm not aware of. But I'm curious what
>the point is here. I use TIVO to record FTA stuff from my DVB receivers
>all the time, and have used TyTools for processing recordings on my PC,
>and don't see any aspect of this as stealing. Or am I missing something
>from a previous post indicating that the 2500 was hacked or something?
>Sorry for continuing what must be an old argument, but it just sounded
>like you had some problem with the use of TIVO? I have 2 series 1 TIVOs
>and LOVE them. Greatest thing since TV.
>


I like the modified FW better then the stock. I will continue to use
it until Pansat actually makes an improvement that is worth changing
it.
The lack of the stupid 0000 password everywhere is worth it IMO.

Agree 100% on the TiVos!
 

niggzso

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
1
0
18,510
0
can you please help me out with setting up a Pansat 2500 to a Tivo series 1
please email me at niggsnigel@gmail.com
 

wartibet

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
11
0
18,560
0
I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 5
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 7
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 13
N Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 10
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
R Streaming Video & TVs 9
G Streaming Video & TVs 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY