Solved! 2in1 transformer battery works fine but won't charge, laptop works on charger too

Feb 20, 2021
So my Acer swich 10e won't charge it's battery. It's not adapter because I tried two and they both run laptop on cable fine... The battery won't charge for the love of it. I opened up the battery charged cells with cables manually and battery works fine.

Battery works normal like nothing is wrong but the laptop won't charge battery. I tried disconnect all 45second power button drivers delete AC / battery in device manager. It just won't charge....

Could it be that some charge mechanism on MB is dead?? What could cause this...

Solution
Does Acer have a battery diagnostic? Many laptop brands do. That may tell you something. It could be the internal charging circuit or it could be the battery. Many batteries have an internal chip that monitors and controls the battery. Unless you want to send it back to Acer for repair, the place to start (after you try to run the diagnostic) might be to try a new battery. Trying to diagnose this without a schematic is just about impossible.
Does Acer have a battery diagnostic? Many laptop brands do. That may tell you something. It could be the internal charging circuit or it could be the battery. Many batteries have an internal chip that monitors and controls the battery. Unless you want to send it back to Acer for repair, the place to start (after you try to run the diagnostic) might be to try a new battery. Trying to diagnose this without a schematic is just about impossible.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS