3.5mm purple jack with smartphones/tablets, 7.1 headphone for my situation and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Despite searching the world wide web for an hour, I still haven`t found my answer :na:

Basically, does a PC Headset with the standart 3.5mm purple and green jacks work with iPad/smartphones? I (probably) am going to buy myself a headset for gaming, but I want to use it at school for music etc. :D

Also why not also help me with headsets themselves ? These are within my budget.

Note: Prices are DIFFRENT here so don`t be surprised if it costs 2x more ! :pfff:

Logitech G430 (my favourite because looks pretty good, does not use leather which makes my ears sweat, has a foldable mic instead of detachable) and costs 115$.

Creative SoundBlaster Tactic3D Rage(has 1.2meter 3.5mm singlejack and 1.8meter USB, looks too classical and standart, has a detachable mic[I prefer foldable] and has damn leather, but has 50mm drivers) costs 85$

SoundBlaster Alpha(noober version of Rage, does not have 1.2meter 3.5mm cable, so I don`t know but its cheap!) costs 63$

SoundBlaster Fury(this one is pretty good for the price. Smartphone compatible, has earpads like G430, but still detachable mic.) costs 65$

Okay, I like the style,foldable mic and earpads of G430, 50mm drivers and smart device compatibility of Rage, nothing really of Alpha and lastly price of Fury :p

Lastly, all these headphones use diffrent Virtual 7.1 Software. Does the quality differ? Which is the best quality headphone from these? Which is the best for my situation and which is the most bang for buck ?

Note2: I might have wrote something wrong. I do that commonly while writing WALLS OF TEXT.

EDIT: I also might buy a 2.1 system. Best I could find is Philips SPA 5300 and it costs 76$. How good is it? We have a Sony BDV E870 in our living room and subwoofer simply AMAZES me! I love feeling the energy, the sound waves coming from it. But the complete system is rated 1000 Watt RMS and Philips I am looking at is 50 RMS. Is it too weak for powerful bass/subwoofer? If I can`t feel energy, it would be a waste of money.

How good are your ears? It is better to go to a computer store (or electronics store) and listen to the different headsets that are available. This way you can tell how much difference there is between a $25 headset and a $100 headset, and choose the one you like. Check reviews and feedback too.

G

Definetly no idea. I am using these right now and they pretty much suck. These are 9 years old and I am using them for gaming for 5 years ! :kaola: Well, I am 15 and I was more "entry level" before but now I want to get something nice. I think upgrading from these to any 7.1, virtual or anything will amaze me! :pt1cable:
pr_02_264959_min.jpg

Also, I will get those with my new system. Do I need to buy soundcard too? Or hell, do I even need powerful onboard sound if using 2.1 speakers ? I know that virtual 7.1 headsets are using USB and I am perfectly fine with that :D

Edit: About the electronics store thing, I don`t think thats possible. Stores here sell ultra super uber mega overpriced tech products which I can find online for LOT LESS. Don`t know if they will let me try stuff without buying :fou:

Before you buy any sound card, check on-board sound. On-board sound is surprisingly good. I returned my Creative sound card because my on-board sound was good and I could not tell the difference. Your ears may be better than mine; that's why I suggested that you physically listen to the on-board sound before you commit to a sound card.

G

Anyway, I and you should forget the sound card thing. As you have said, onboard sound is good enough, espacially on newer MoBos. And yeah, if I buy a virtual 7.1 headset, I will be using USB anyway :D

Should open up a new thread about my new build too. I have LOTS of questions :??:

Status
Not open for further replies.